Looking after the environment we live in is close to my heart. I set and adhere to several goals which, while I hope to improve in time, are kinder to our planet.
What I'm doing now
- 77% of the fabrics I offer are made using 100% natural fibres, 15% are made using natural and synthetic fibre blends, while only 8% of fabrics are 100% synthetic and can be recycled.
- I print all fabrics to order, to avoid unnecessary wastage in printing full rolls to cut from.
- Dyes used in printing contain no harmful chemicals, meet Oeko-tex standard 100 and contain no animal products.
- Waste water from printing is processed through an effluent plant and recycled back into public water treatments.
- Fabrics are imported directly from BCI member mills to avoid unnecessary transportation and support workers.
- Fabrics are all designed and printed in the UK.
- Home & Gifts products are made in-house and occasionally using small scale British cottage industry.
- With the exception of fastenings and adhesives, in particular for orders of fabric by the metre, packaging contains no plastic. Instead I use FSC cardboard, tissue paper and compostable cellophane where possible.